Oldest to Newest
VideotageVideotage is a leading non-profit organisation in facilitating, promoting and presenting new media art in Hong Kong. Since 1986, Videotage has developed itself from an umbrella for media artists to a media art and culture network for cross-disciplinary cultural productions and international exchange of ideas and knowledge.
- Cattle Depot
- Citizen Media
- Contemporary Art
- Crowd Souring
- data mapping
- data visualization
- Denisa Kera
- Julia Burns
- Katrien Jacobs
- Melinda Rackham
- One World Exposition
- Phoebe Man
- Real Time
- social media
- Fat Bird Theatre
- Keith Pak-ki 黃柏麒
- Richard Yu
- Thickest Choi
- Zheng Yunhan鄭雲瀚
- 吳俊輝Chunhui Wu
- 張丹 Zhang Dan
- 葉凌瀚Ye Linghan
- 葉慧嘉 Olivia Wai Ka Yip
- 袁廣鳴 Yuan Guangming
- 趙亮 Zhao Liang
- 陳曼 Chen Man
[Updated on January 7, 2010]
– Logo Design Competition – Announcement of Results –
The logo design competition of dorkbot-hk was closed at the end of November. We have received many entries with professional qualities, thanks to all for your hard work and support to the competition!
Now, we are pleased to announce the winner of the competition: Fung Ming Chu, who is a designer based in Hong Kong and below is her design being chosen as the official dorkbot-hk logo!
“The logo is composed of one single line which represents the concept of electricity and also connection between media. It’s very clean in order to convey a very clear message of connectivity.”
-Fung Ming Chu
Two other logos have also been selected by the panel of judges as a recognition for their creativity and originality.
Design by Leung Ka Man
We are now planning our first meeting for February 2010, You are all invited to join! Please stay tuned for our latest update! Meanwhile feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
[Updated on December 18, 2009]
– The call for logo is closed –
Thanks to all of you who have submitted a design proposal to the official dorkbot-hk! We are now in the process of selection. The winning design will be announced by the end of this month. Winner will be notified by email. Stay tuned for the result!
Calling for Projects Now >>
In the meantime, we are preparing for the first dorkbot-hk meeting to be happened around Feb 2010. If you are interested to share one of your creative projects relating to the theme of electricity, please send us a text describing the work and a few good images for our consideration. Any links about yourself are also welcome. Our email address is email@example.com .
Looking forward to receiving your strange things!
Logo Design Competition
Get creative with electricity shock!
Submission Deadline: 30 November 2009 (Monday)
This year, Videotage is starting the official Hong Kong chapter of DORKBOT and we are now inviting designers to create a logo for us. The winner will be awarded HK$1,000 cash prize, get international exposure on dorkbot.org, has the chance to work with the local team on the website built upon the winning design, and be offered to work with a local artist to develop the logo concept into an electronic sculpture!
What is dorkbot?
Dorkbot’s motto is People doing strange things with electricity.
It is an international network for ‘electricity lovers’ such as artists, inventors, scientists, engineers etc. to share and exchange ideas over anything related to electricity in an informal and friendly environment. Dorkbot stations were set up in over 84 cities around the world. Meetings are held from once a month to a few times a year depending on each city’s capability. Dorkbot welcomes strange, innovative ideas, and encourage people to get creative with technology, to experiment, to embrace a DIY mode and originality. For more information, please visit dorkbot’s headquarter website: http://dorkbot.org/
Videotage, as the initiator and organizer of dorkbot-hk, aims to bridge between local and international artists, inventors, scientists and engineers to push the boundaries of creating using electricity. Videotage is a non-profit organization based in the Cattle Depot Artist Village and is dedicated to promote media art to a broader community. For more about Videotage, please visit http://www.videotage.org.hk/
The logo should:
- contain one of the word-mark ‘dorkbot-hk’
- convey the concept of DIY / originality / electricity
- be original, distinct, unique and easily identifiable even in small size
- aesthetically fit in a variety of applications from stationery to digital media, commemorative items, etc.
- Submissions form, which can be downloaded HERE, must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for submission: 30 November 2009 (Monday)
- The format of the submission should be either JPG or PNG, while the file size must not exceed 1MB. However, please be prepared to provide high resolution/vector graphic versions of your work.
- Please include your application form in the submission. (Download HERE)
- Participants may submit multiple entries.
- By participating in this competition, all participants acknowledge that they understand and agree to the Terms and Conditions of this competition.
- The winner will be notified by phone or via email no later than 31 December 2009.
- Selected entry will be displayed on the website of dorkbot hong kong.
- The competition winner will receive a cash prize of HKD 1,000.
- The winning design will become the official dorkbot-hk logo, and will be used on the dorkbot-hk website, and other promotional materials. – The winner’s name will be announced on dorkbot-hk’s and Videotage’s website, as well as in press releases related to the competition.
For enquiries, please contact email@example.com or via telephone: 2573-1869.
TERMS AND CONDTIONS
a.In these terms and conditions, we or us means the Organizer of dorkbot-hk. Please read these terms and conditions carefully as they apply to the use of your design. By submitting your logo design, you agree to be bounded by these terms and conditions.
b.We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time by updating this posting. The revised terms will take effect when they are posted.
2. Intellectual Property Rights
a.You acknowledge that the design submitted is subject to copyright and possibly other intellectual property rights.
b.Unless you are expressly authorised by law you must not participate in, or permit any other person, to: i.sell, reproduce, distribute, modify, display, publicly perform, prepare derivative works based on, repost or otherwise use the design in any way for any public or commercial purpose without our prior written consent; or ii.exercise any intellectual property rights unless this is expressly stated.
c.You agree that the logo of ‘dorkbot-hk’ is our trademark and that we reserve all rights in the trademark.
d.The entry materials will be not be returned to any entrant.